LOCAL CLIMATE STRIKE SCHEDULE
- Burk’s Falls—Post Office, 2nd Friday of the month
- Sundridge—Post Office, *every Thursday (Yes, Thursday!) *New
- Parry Sound—Corner of Mary St & James St, 5th Friday of the month
- Bracebridge—Memorial Park, every Friday 11:30 – 12:30
You can always find the most recent strike schedule in our latest Newsletter
More strike and other event pictures below
September 17 2023 – Huntsville
Global March to End Fossil Fuels
Bracebridge – Nov 4, 2022
Fridays for Future in-person climate strikes every Friday 11:30am – 12:30pm at Memorial Park. We’re so looking forward to seeing you there!
Huntsville strike Sept 30, 2022 Focus shifting to the Rosseau Market for the summer.
Sundridge –Feb 16, 2023
With the new “Almaguin Climate Action” (ACA) banner.
Burk’s Falls – March 3, 2023
In front of the Post Office, 2nd Friday of every month.
Parry Sound – March 31st
CAPS was joined by some folks from Climate Action Muskoka as part of their rotating strikes
July 28, 2023 – Rosseau Market climate strike
Saturday July 15, 2023
Almaguin Climate Action members take their message to Magnetewan Market
Left to right, Deborah Kurtze, Peter Kurtze, Peter Wyatt.
June 28, 2023 – NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION – CANADA IS BURNING!
June 28, 2023 – As fires rage and smoke blankets our skies, the PSM riding spoke loudly to our MP Scott Aitchison today. (MPP Smith you should be listening too!) CANADA IS BURNING! Work cross party to deal with the climate crisis, rather than opposing every move forward.
Almaguin Climate Action (ACA), Climate Action Parry Sound (CAPS) and Climate Action Muskoka (CAM) demands are the same.
1. An immediate end to subsidies, hard caps for oil and gas emissions, no new projects, and no more industry influence over our politics.
2. Enact a Just Transition: Urgently shift us to 100% renewable energy while generating millions of unionized jobs, following Indigenous leadership, and rapidly decarbonizing in line with climate science.
June 28 “Canada’s On Fire” National Day of Action here in Parry Sound.
Check out the haze over the harbour. That’s smoke from wildfires in Quebec!
” Scott Aitchison Please Rise Above Party Politics for the Children!”
April 1, 2023 – Fossil Fools Day RBC Action in Huntsville, 11am to 12:30pm
Wish RBC a Happy Fossil Fools Day!!!! – Main St Branch.
Rallies were held at RBC branches across Canada in support of and solidarity with Wet’suwet’en Hereditary Chiefs in BC who oppose the Coastal GasLink Pipeline (CGL) bringing fracked methane across unceded Indigenous land.
November 18, 2022 – Provincial Day of Action
Oct 21, 2022 – A first #FridaysForFuture climate strike for Burk’s Falls
– folks were joined by Parry Sound and Huntsville climate strikers Friday in front of the Post Office. Watch for future events in Burk’s Falls. Photo credit: Climate Action Parry Sound
September 23, 2022 – Bracebridge -Video by Sarah Law
– The speech McKenzie read during the strike was shared among several organizations: Climate Action for Lifelong Learners; Climate Legacy; Congress of Union Retirees of Canada, Toronto and York Regional Council; Grandmothers Act to Save the Planet; the Suzuki Elders; and Seniors for Climate Action Now.
May 27, 2022 – Sarah Law – Muskoka Region.com
It’s week 140 of the climate strike in Bracebridge, and this time the activists were joined by well-known environmental advocate Elizabeth May.
More than 50 people attended the strike, led by Climate Action Muskoka, at Bracebridge Memorial Park
She spoke about the urgency to reach net-zero emissions well before 2050 and how we no longer have the luxury of a slow, smooth transition to a green economy.
Support the climate strikers: @climateactionmuskoka #climateactionmuskoka #racetozero #50by2030 #fridaysforfuture #NoMoreEmptyPromises
Pic’s from climate strikes past.
Saturday November 6, 2021, at the G8 flag park in Huntsville. While they talk, our world burns. Climate Action Muskoka, COP26 Climate Strike.