Lake of Bays Township — District Councillor — Franklin/Sinclair Ward
1. What actions have you personally taken to support a greener, more sustainable climate?
- Given up one car
- began home composting
- use zoom as a meeting option whenever possible to reduce travel
- plan trips to town for more efficient use of gas (and time 🙂
2. What opportunities for climate leadership at the municipal level (e.g. greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs)) would you champion in one or more of these areas: Buildings | Housing | Land use (sprawl) | Transportation | Other
- Buildings: I would like to push for green building standards in the Township along with financial credits for going over and above
- Housing: Ppromote in house suites to increase housing supply instead of simply more buildings
- Land use (sprawl): promote multi-unit buildings and townhouses for greater density
- Transportation: promote car sharing in our rural municipalities
3. A long-term problem requires a long-term solution. What is your 100-year plan? If elected, what would be your first action?
- we need to get the public and local businesses more involved in developing a community climate action plan
- getting off gas powered vehicles is the biggest first step. We could help by installing more charging stations in Lake of Bays and by greening our own fleet.